VASCO IDENTIKEY Appliance
A Dedicated and Easy to Maintain Authentication Solution
Get a Quote!
Click here to Jump to Pricing!
IDENTIKEY Appliance is VASCO Data Security's product line of authentication and Internet security appliances. Based on IDENTIKEY Authentication Server, IDENTIKEY Appliance offers strong user authentication for local and remote access to the corporate network and to web-based business applications. IDENTIKEY Appliance is highly suited for all enterprises that are looking to acquire a dedicated appliance for their authentication needs, avoiding the hassles and cost of installing and maintaining a software-based solution.
IDENTIKEY Appliance offers the full functionality of IDENTIKEY Authentication Server in an integrated, easy to maintain, 19" rack mountable appliance. IDENTIKEY Appliance allows easy installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of IDENTIKEY Authentication Server. In combination with any DIGIPASS authenticator, it replaces the users' static passwords with one-time passwords (OTP) to access the corporate network and its business applications from any remote location.
Dedicated Platform Description
IDENTIKEY Appliance comes as a standard appliance that fits into any 19" equipment rack. It is a complete authentication server offering with all software pre-installed. Besides offering full IDENTIKEY Authentication Server functionality, IDENTIKEY Appliance comes with a separate appliance administration interface as well as automatic upgrade and backup features.As IDENTIKEY Appliance is not depending on external software, it offers a fixed and optimized performance. Deploying IDENTIKEY Appliance is as easy as deploying a plug and play device: just install the appliance in your infrastructure, configure the front-end and back-end interfaces, import the user data and DIGIPASS and the authentication server is operational.
IDENTIKEY Appliance comes in multiple hardware versions, addressing the needs and required performance levels of the smallest SME to the largest multi-national. The criteria for the selection among the different models is the number of actual users that will use the authentication system.
- The 3000 Series targets smaller businesses or small remote sites.
- The 5000 Series is a standard 1U 19" rack server, suited as main appliance for all business environments.
- The 7000 Series is a complete redundant 2U, 19" rack server for large enterprises or business critical applications.
Every model allows server failover and database replication towards any other Identifier appliance, ensuring the highest availability and adjusted performance at remote sites, resulting in zero downtime and permitting the setup of a backup site and global deployment of the authentication system.
In order to setup a complete authentication solution, every IDENTIKEY Appliance needs to be complemented with additional IDENTIKEY licenses and DIGIPASS authenticators. These can be purchased as separate components, or are conveniently available out-of-the box as DIGIPASS Packs. IDENTIKEY Authentication Server is available in several editions, offering dedicated functionality, such as RADIUS support, Desktop Windows login, Backup Server, Internet Application login, ect. The complete solutions, containing the IDENTIKEY Appliance, IDENTIKEY Authentication Server licenses and DIGIPASS authenticators, are available for single or dual appliance setups.
The main driver for choosing an appliance-based solution is user convenience. In IDENTIKEY Appliance, all administration functions are conveniently accessible through a web-based user interface. A variety of wizards help administrators setup IDENTIKEY Appliance in a short time, and help performing other complicated tasks. Difficult configuration tasks like setting up replication between multiple IDENTIKEY Appliances can be done with a few simple clicks. Automatic updates, both online and offline, with a complete fail safe mechanism keep IDENTIKEY Appliance up-to-date with the latest software changes with a minimum effort and risk. Optional remote support can be offered as part of the maintenance agreement. With IDENTIKEY Appliance, VASCO is offering an appliance based strong user authentication solution that is up and running with minimum delay and that offers the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by significantly reducing the maintenance costs.
- Self registration allows end-users to activate the DIGIPASS devices via a secure website without administrative intervention.
- The embedded LDAP Synchronization Tool enhances security and minimizes the administrative tasks of user management. Updates on the user management in Microsoft Active Directory, Novell e-Directory or any other LDAP depository are automatically syncronised towards Identifier. Adjustable filters allow specifying which (groups of) users need to be synchronized and it is possible to synchronize multiple LDAP domains with only one Identifier.
- The audit console monitors incoming and outgoing RADIUS and web authentication requests. An extensive search mechanism, displaying auditing lines on the fly, helps administrators to quickly solve possible authentication issues.
- The delegated administration feature allows administrators to delegate tasks like user or DIGIPASS management or reporting without endangering the appliance runtime environment.
- The webbased nature of the administration interface allows remote or outsourced administration, offering new opportunities for managed services providers.
- Functionality information statistics provide critical details allowing administrators to easily manage the remote access environment.
- Standard or customized reports can be created and exported, in both CSV and XML format.
- Extensive log searching and the possibility to export the log search to an external syslog server are provided.
- A flexible license system allows easy expansion of users and DIGIPASS
- Optional lifetime hardware maintenance ensures your appliance (hardware and software) is never out of date.
|Specifications||3000 Series||5000 Series||7000 Series|
|Recommended users RADIUS/DAWL*||500/250||10.000/1.000||100.000/10.000|
|Software||IDENTIKEY Authentication Server 3.x||IDENTIKEY Authentication Server 3.x||IDENTIKEY Authentication Server 3.x|
|Operating System||Identifier Core OS 8.0||Identifier Core OS 8.0||Identifier Core OS 8.0|
|Chassis Form Factor||1U Rack Mount||1U Rack Mount||2U Rack Mount|
|Processor Type||Intel® Atom™ Processor D510 (1M Cache, 1.66 GHz)||Intel® Core™2 Duo E8400 3GHz 1333MHz 6MB LGA775||Intel® Xeon® Processor E5620 (12M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 5. 6 GT/s Intel® QPI) x|
|Memory||1GB 667MHz DDR2 ECC CL5 DIMM||4GB 800MHz DDR2 ECC CL5 DIMM||12GB 1066Mhz DDR3 ECC|
|Hard Disk Drive||1 x HDD 320GB SATA||1 x HDD 500GB SATA||2 x HDD 1TB SATA II|
|RAID format||–||–||RAID 1|
|Power Supply||AC 100~240V, 50/60 Hz 4-2 Amp Max 200W max 80 PLUS Certified||AC 100~240V, 50/60 Hz 4-2 Amp Max 200W max 80 PLUS Certified||AC 100~240V, 50/60 Hz 10-4 Amp Max 700W max 80 PLUS Certified|
|Power Redundancy||No||No||Hot Swappable|
|Network Ports||2 GbE NIC Bridged ports||2 GbE NIC Bridged ports||2 GbE NIC Bridged ports|
|Management||Web GUI SSH consoleport||Web GUI SSH consoleport||Web GUI SSH consoleport|
|Dimensions (W/H/D)||437mm x 43mm x 249mm 17.2" x 1.7" x 9.8"||426mm x 43mm x 365mm 16.8" x 1.7" x 14"||437mm x 89mm x 450mm 17.2" x 3.5" x 17.7"|
|Weight||6,7 kg (<15lbs)||7.7 kg (<17 lbs)||17.6 kg (<38.8 lbs)|
|Compliance to standards||Safety UL, C-UL, CE EMC FCC, CE Environment RoHS||Safety UL, C-UL, CE EMC FCC, CE Environment RoHS||Safety UL, C-UL, CE EMC FCC, CE Environment RoHS|
|Mounting Position||Horizontal orientation, 19" Rack, 1 U||Horizontal orientation, 19" Rack, 1 U||Horizontal orientation, 19" Rack, 2 U|
|Operating Temperature||10 to 35 °C, 50 to 90 °F||10 to 3 °C, 50 to 90 °F n||10 to 35 °C, 50 to 90 °F|
|Operating Humidity||8 to 90% (non-condensing)||8 to 90% (non-condensing)||8 to 90% (non-condensing)|
|Storage Temperature||-40 to +70 °C, -40 to 158 °F||-40 to +70 °C, -40 to 158 °F||-40 to +70 °C, -40 to 158 °F|
|Storage Humidity||5 to 95% (non-condensing)||5 to 95% (non-condensing)||5 to 95% (non-condensing)|
|Reliability MTBF||45,000 hours (5 yrs)||45,000 hours (5 yrs)||45,000 hours (5 yrs)|
* Estimated recommended number of users is calculated depending on the usage of the application:
RADIUS and Windows logon, 2 authentications per day, logs kept on the appliance during 2 years
Download the VASCO IDENTIKEY Appliance Data Sheet (.PDF)
Get a Quote!