VASCO DIGIPASS for Web powered by Intel Identity Protection Technology
New addition to the DIGIPASS family with unsurpassed reach and simplified distribution
VASCO Data Security, the world leader in strong authentication is now able to utilize the embedded security feature of Intel IPT from the world leader in computing innovation. This solution leverages the industry's best security on nearly every laptop and desktop in the world – without the need to provision any software or hardware to the end-user.
What Is Intel Identity Protection Technology?
Built-in Authentication. Intel Identity Protection Technology (Intel IPT) is a two-factor authentication capability built into select* 2nd Generation Intel Core™ processor based PCs.
What Is DIGIPASS For Web Powered By Intel Identity Protection Technology**?
Embedded Zero Footprint Authentication. DIGIPASS for Web powered by Intel IPT is VASCO's zero footprint two factor authentication solution embedded into select Intel processors at the chip level.
Main features include:
- One-time password (OTP) functionality – dynamic passwords that expire after a limited amount of time, using the same algorithm as other members of the DIGIPASS family
- Machine profiling feature - links a PC to the online identity or accounts of a user's choice decreasing the possibility of accessing this information and accounts from non-associated computers
- Unaffected user experience - OTPs are generated behind the scenes so the end-user experience remains unchanged
Where Can It Be Used?
Larger User Populations at a Lower Cost. DIGIPASS for Web powered by Intel IPT is an excellent choice for larger deployments where conventional authentication methods are too costly to implement and too cumbersome to provision and manage.
Reach, Distribution, Security, Ease of Use. In instances where the distribution of hardware devices is not feasible, or where the software authentication alone does not provide enough security, DIGIPASS for Web Powered by Intel IPT fills the gap.
Leverage The Best Of Two Worlds
- Unsurpassed distribution – leverage the millions of distributed but dormant embedded DIGIPASS in the field
- Reduced cost – suitable for mass deployments
- High security - comparable to isolated hardware authentication devices
- Improved usability - transparent user experience
- Layered security – two-factor authentication combined with machine profiling
- Efficient and fast rollout – no hardware provisioning, no software downloads, self-activation possible
DIGIPASS for Web Powered by Intel IPT is an embedded DIGIPASS authentication solution that runs in an isolated environment within the hardware on the PC:
- One-time passwords based on the VASCO DIGIPASS technology
How It Works
Transparent end-user experience
- The login process is as simple as using a static password yet with added two-factor authentication security via a Java applet of two-factor authentication via a Java applet
Standard back-end installation
- Much like with any other DIGIPASS family member, VASCO's authentication platform VACMAN Controller or authentication software suite IDENTIKEY, handle the verification of the submitted one-time passwords on the back-end
- Cloud-based authentication solution supported by VASCO's DIGIPASS as a Service (DPS) platform is also possible
Automated deployment and provisioning
- The user can register his system via a web page without software installations or the need for human assistance
- The DIGIPASS applet profiles the user's system. The user chooses a password to use with his DIGIPASS Powered by Intel Identity Protection Technology (Intel IPT) login
- After registration, the login page prompts the user for his username and "pre-registered" password
- The DIGIPASS applet does the rest, generating a one-time password that is tied to that user on his particular machine(s)
Download the VASCO DIGIPASS for Web powered by Intel Data Sheet (.PDF)